Thursday 18 February 2016

It's my birthday & I'll cry if I want to!

So I haven't blogged in a while....... and believe me it's not down to keeping my readers in suspense! 
I suppose I didn't realise what a commitment blogging was when I started. Lately I have been thinking about the things that I am committed to in my life, you see at the end of last month I turned 33; Nothing particularly special about that? but when I found out that someone who used to be in my primary school class passed away shortly after Christmas, I count my blessings to still be here. 
So as my birthday arrived, I like many people (I presume) did a little reflecting. 
Looking back at my life I thought about the things I have done, the things I haven’t; where I am now at this point in my life, and the journey it took me to get here. 
I am a great believer that it is the mixture of the good and the bad things, the encounters both positive and negative which build your character and make you who you the person that you are. When people think about this however, they often say “I wish I could change the bad things”; but if they did then their character would change. You see sometimes we do not realise that things are even are affecting us, but they are, in some way or another it is all adding to our ever growing, changing character, and the situations and circumstances continue to build and build on our character for the duration of our lives. We need to take on board our experiences, as they happen, and learn from them, reflect on them when they have passed, it is when we do this that we can become the best character we can be, if we were to go back in time and change an event then we would change the person that we became in the future. 
I also thought about life ahead of me,  what will I do? what will happen? When you are a child things seem so simple. but as you age you realise more and more that if you want things to happen in life then you have to take charge, you have to take control of your life! 
A question often used in life coaching; If you could go back in time what would you say to your past self? I thought about this question as I typed it just now, it's a tough one, you see I'm happy with Me, right now, and I know that everything that has happened to me, although it may have taken me a while to realise, has made me ME, so I suppose I would be reluctant to go back, for fear of changing myself. 
Upon looking at my life I also realise that not only do I have a great responsibility for my own life, but a great responsibility to my daughter, to pass on my knowledge of life, to tell her that she is stronger than she feels and braver than she thinks, that life is precious and that she must live in every moment, I suppose when I think about what I have just written, it is not dissimilar to me going back in time and telling my past self these things. So whatever my future brings, I know that it is not just me that I need to look out for, but my family, my friends for people that come into my life, whom ever they may be, in continuing Random Acts of Kindness, Happiness Club and Life Coaching, a career I never though I would have but always dreamed I would. I only ask that in my future I can be happy, and if I refer myself back to my previous Blogs, I know that whatever happens in my life, it is ultimately down to me.   

No comments:

Post a Comment